So, I'm heading a bookmark swap in the Wild Things young adult book group on Good Reads... I stole the idea from another group, so I can't take credit beyond the young adult twist. It's actually grown bigger than I expected and has been surprisingly challenging and rewarding! We just started sign ups for the 4th round of swaps. I thought I'd share that couple of bookmarks I made. Feel free to join us.
I absolutely love Patrick Ness's Chaos Walking trilogy. Love. It. So my first bookmark was for The Knife of Never Letting Go. If you haven't read it yet, RUN to the bookstore!


For the second round, I made a bookmark for I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak. It's not exactly
young YA, more for high school +, but still an excellent book.
I loved what you did withe Zusak's book. I am more of a bead girl can't do all that paper and glue LOL
ReplyDeleteRound three's looking beadier for that exact reason! LOL...
ReplyDeleteAlthough I have one more cut and paste idea I think I have to use for round 4.
I just have to say, being a recipient of one of Angela's bookmarks -- they are GORGEOUS in person. I mean, I fell in love when I saw the picture, but in person -- they have this lovely glittery effect, and the Noise is perfect. SO GOOD!
ReplyDeleteAw shucks... Thanks, Misty!
ReplyDeleteThey are both so well done! Do you have a computer program you use to make the bookmarks Angela?
ReplyDeleteNo, I wing it!! It's trial and error, haha...
ReplyDeleteThe Noise was actually just photocopied from the book on my home printer/copier and I bought some mini playing cards online for the other bookmark. :)