Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris


I am bummed to report that this book fell far below my expectations. Now, I know I shouldn't really have much hope for the TENTH book in any series, but Harris has managed to keep the Sookie books interesting enough to follow along. Until this book.

******The following review may contain spoilers!******

Book 9 left us at a major event with many characters injured and/or dead. Sookie found herself married to Eric, and there was major upheaval all around. I couldn't wait to read Dead in the Family to see how things played out. I have finished the book and I'm still waiting.

I felt like this was a book full of "filler" material. Harris touched on many of the characters from previous books, so you knew how they fared after the war, but she didn't commit to any one central theme. I found myself at page 255 of 311 wondering when the story was going to begin! It just never seemed to take off. Sookie's still with Eric, Bill's still pining for Sookie, she's still feeling lonely through it all. Blah blah blah.

Now, this is not to say that I won't read book 11 when it comes out; I will. But I reserve the right to end my relationship with Sookie Stackhouse at that point if she doesn't do something interesting and stop her damn whining.

No comments:

Post a Comment